BRIEF INTRODUCTION: AFROA
AFROA is the French Registrars Association uniting professionals within the cultural sector. Founded in 1997, the association is structured around 3 central objectives:
- - Attesting the professional identity of its members,
- - Assuring recognition of their skills,
- - Raising awareness about the profession and promoting good professional standards of practice in France and abroad.
Since its creation, more than 200 Registrars have been involved in AFROA. The 2006-2007 directory presents 102 members. AFROA contributes to the implementation of professional training programmes and actively participates in attaining recognition of the profession and its expertise among major institutions in the field.
- Publication of the Associations official status in the Official Journal of Associations (association governed by the law of 1901)
- Publication of the Association’s first Gazette
- Participation in the 1st European Registrars Conference at the London National Gallery.
- First training programme delivered in partnership with a Regional Fund of Contemporary Artwork: “The governance of contemporary artworks: theory and practice”, Châteaugiron, in Britanny.
- Creation of the registration of artworks option in the framework of a competitive professional qualification course in Documentation studies.
- First conference on State guarantee, customs formalities and the circulation of artworks, at the Musée des Beaux-arts in Lille.
- Second training programme in partnership with Frac, Marseille, Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur.
- Organisation of the 2nd European Registrars Conference at the Grand Palais in Paris.
- Symposium organised by AFROA at the Ecole du Louvre, Paris. Day dedicated to the different roles and functions of Registrars within their institutions.
- Participation in the 3rd European Registrars Conference in Rome.
- Publication of Acts from the 2nd European Registrars Conference - 40 Cherry Tree Special Edition.
- First quarterly meeting on customs regulations applied to the circulation of artworks at the Musée d’Orsay, Paris.
- Participation in the 4th Interprofessional Congress of Contemporary Art – CIPAC in Metz.
- Participation in the 4th European Registrars Conference in Wolfsburg.
- First cycle of training programmes dedicated to the governance of artworks, delivered by the Directory of French Museums.
- Third training programme organised in partnership with Frac, Carquefou, Pays de Loire.
- Quarterly meetings on the subject of the conveying of artworks, insurance and copyright, Musée d’Orsay and ADAGP.
- Website launch.
- First cycle of professional training programmes on contemporary artwork governance in the CIPAC framework.
- Quarterly meetings: visit of the reserve collections of the Museum of Art Professions, Saint-Denis.
- Quarterly meetings: visit of the reserve collections of the Petit-Palais Museum.
- Participation in the 5th European Registrars Conference in Madrid.
- Professional symposium ‘Ten Years of AFROA’, CNAM, Paris, 197 professional participants.
In 2008, projects are centred on the consolidation of the profession in particular by ongoing survey of the field and standards of practice among 1300 French Institutions but also by the development of partnerships with other professional networks in the cultural sector contributing to the conservation, distribution and valuation of works of art.
MEMBERS OF THE ADMINISTRATION BOARD 2009
|NOM / PRENOM||INSTITUTION||FONCTION||ADRESSE MAIL|
|Bagnod Alexandre||Fondation Carmignac (Paris)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Beaujean-Deschamps Rachel||Musée national du Moyen Age (Paris)||Trésorièreemail@example.com|
|Berthelot Pauline||Musée de Cambrai (Cambrai)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chauwin Ludovic||Musées de la Ville de Strasbourg||Vice-présidentemail@example.com|
|Dallongeville Dorian||French Lines (Le Havre)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Etave Mélissa||Centre Pompidou (Paris)||Présidenteemail@example.com|
|Jurzak Ingrid||MAC VAL (Vitry-sur-Seine)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Linard Sylvia||Musée du Quai Branly (Paris)||Sylvia.LINARD@quaibranly.fr|
|Perillat-Mercerot Jocelyn||Département des restaurateurs / INP (Paris)||email@example.com|
|Podemski Peggy||LaM (Villeneuve d'Ascq)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rameau Anne-Laure||Palais des ducs de Lorraine – Musée Lorain (Nancy)||email@example.com|
|Regelsperger Isabelle||Cinémathèque française (Paris)||Secrétairefirstname.lastname@example.org|
STATUTES OF THE ASSOCIATION